Okay it is really not junk.
1. Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day everyone. I think it is fitting to have Barack Obama go in to office the day after Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I must say I supported John McCain, but we must congratulate Mr. Obama on his historical achievement. We also must support him on being the next president of the U.S.A. So congrats Mr. Obama I hope you do well.
2. The teams for the Super Bowl are set. Yesterday the Arizona Cardinals upset the Philadelphia Eagles 32-25. The Cardinals were 9-7 in the regular season while the Eagles were 9-6-1. My Patriots were 11-5 and didn’t make the playoffs. The other team that got in was the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers beat the Baltimore Ravens 23-14. A while back I said the Steelers would beat the Giants in the Super Bowl. I still think the Steelers will win it all. I can’t wait for the Super Bowl and the commercials!
3. The Chicago Cubs traded outfielder, Felix Pie to the Orioles. In exchange the Cubs got Garrett Olson and prospect Henry Williamson. I think the Orioles got the better of the deal. Last season Pie hit .241, with one home run, ten RBI’s, and stole three bases. Olson had a record of nine-ten, with a 6.65 ERA, and 83 strike outs. Williamson in A ball had a record of zero-one, an ERA of 3.72, with three saves, and 42 strikeouts. Olson could compete with Sean Marshall for the fifth spot in the rotation.
4. The World Baseball Classic Rosters will be announced this evening. Some players who will play for team U.S.A. are Dustin Pedroia, Derek Jeter, Roy Oswalt, Jake Peavy, Brad Hawpe, Grady Sizemore, Ryan Braun, and David Wright. For team Canada Justin Morneau will play. I think Jason Bay will play for team Canada too. For team Dominican Republic Alex Rodriguez will play and David Ortiz will try to play. For team Japan Dice-K and Ichiro will play. The classic looks like a good one. I think team U.S.A. will win though.
5. Today in the NBA America will find out who will be the forth dunker in the 2009 Sprite Slam Dunk challenge. For the first time ever America got to vote for who should be the forth dunker, Joe Alexander, Rudy Fernandez, or Russell Westbrook. I voted for Russell Westbrook because I think Alexander needs to work on just being a better player than a better dunker. Fernandez plays on the Portland Trail Blazers and I don’t like the Trail Blazers that much. Another reason I voted for Westbrook is because the team he plays on, the Oklahoma City Thunder, as of January 19th has a record of eight-34. I think it could make the Oklahoma City Thunder feel a lot better. The winner will face off against Rudy Gay, Nate Robinson, and defending dunk champion “Superman” Dwight Howard.
First- I have to go back to school tomorrow. 😦 I try to blog in the morning but I don’t think that will work out.
In case you don’t follow the NBA my Celtics are two and four since losing to the Lakers on Christmas day. The only teams they have beat or the Kings and Wizards two of the leagues worst teams. They lost to the Lakers, Warriors, Trail Blazers, and Knicks. I can’t blame them on the Laker loss. The Lakers wanted to win that game ever since the Celtics beat them in the NBA Finals and the Trail Blazers are a good team. The only problem with the Trail Blazer game?Their best player, Brandon Roy, was out. The Warriors are an okay team except for the fact that they had so many players out due to injuries. The Knicks game they did terrible in the third quarter. Most of the time the Celtics rest and get pumped up at half time but not that time. The Celtics still have the best record in the NBA being 29-6 and are a game up on Cleveland. Look at January ninth when they play each other. They face the Bobcats on the road on the sixth and the Houston Rockets at home on the seventh. In order for the Celtics to win against the Bobcats they just need to play like they did during their nineteen game winning. To win against the Rockets they need play like during their nineteen game win streak and have a fairly big game from anyone really. It could be Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo, or even a scrub like Patrick O’Bryant. No offense. I think the Celtics will beat the Bobcats and win in a close game against the Rockets. I’m also going to try not blogging about the Celtics as much. It seems like I jinx them every time.